- New Birdseye display that shows the unit size as well as the unit number and is color-coded based on status
- Rich Text formatting on Late Notices and Invoices
- Ability to track projected (or scheduled) move out dates
- New Rent Roll report
- Additional supported rental periods: 13 months, 4-weeks, bi-weekly and weekly
- Define specific rates for any rental period
- Handle seasonal rentals with our new Flat Rate feature
- Improved Tax reports
- Generate multiple charges when generating Late Notices
- New Operational Overview form and report showing a snapshot of your facility, performance, actions, status, and activity all on one page
- Ability to exempt a rental from Late Notices
- A new receipt that includes any balance due
- Move-Out wizard
- Improved Take a Payment feature
- Ability to generate the next recurring charges for a tenant on the Tenants form
- Generate Rents and Generate Other Recurring Charges have been combined into a single function
- A Tax Calculator has been added to the payment registers
- Improved e-mail features: track what e-mails have been sent, preview e-mails, send to multiple addresses for a given tenant
- Change the look of SWAMP: you can change the color of the main menu, the color of the registers, and even select your own pictures to be displayed on the various forms in SWAMP
- Customize what payment types are included in your Bank Deposit reports
- Improved the performance of refreshing the values on the Tenants form
- Print Coupon Books as payment reminders for your tenants
- Choose 30-days or Actual days for your proration method
- Provide support for X-Charge payment processing (this handles ACH payments as well as credit/debit cards and is PCI compliant)
- SWAMP now handles multiple tax rates
- Birdseye report
- Rolling Payment Checklist report
- Balance Due by Tenant report
- Payments This Year - Pay Dates report
- Payment Validation report
- Outdoor Storage report
- Custom reports, if all the new reports aren’t enough, you can now design your own
- Unit Types: enclosed, outdoor, mobile container, apartment and office
- More invoice types: Full Statement Window and Full Statement Window Remit
- Much, much more!
- Totally New: Program complete rewritten using Microsoft Access 2007; forms have a new a modern look and feel. Screens are larger with expandable data areas. Menus and navigation are easier and more self-evident.
- Vista Support: Supports Windows Vista and Windows Vista 64-bit operating systems.
- On-form help: Help is at your finger tips. Forms are designed to help the user understand how to use them. Buttons have pop-up tips, controls have status bar descriptions. Longer help is available by clicking on '?' buttons scattered throughout the program. The User's Guide is available as a PDF document and can be viewed by clicking on the link on the main menu.
- Exporting Data: Improved and enhanced exporting and mail merge capabilities.
- Data Integrity: More data checks and verification
- Raw Data: Create your own data views, including sorting, selecting, filtering, etc. for Units, Tenants, Rentals, Payments and Expenses.
- More Reports: More ways to view your data in meaningful and useful reports.
- Customize: More ways to customize SWAMP to run your facility your way.
- Easier Data Entry: Define default values for faster data entry for such things as city, state, zip code, and area code. You can also define default settings for certain facility options such as key pad zone, time zone, when to mail, period, sending e-mail, exemptions, etc.
- Birdseye View: SWAMP now provides a birdseye view of your facility showing color-coded unit, rental and payment status. You even get to pick the number of days late that causes the colors to change on the payment status view. From the birdseye view, you can immediately jump to the unit, tenant, rental, and payment records for any given tenant.
- E-Mail: SWAMP can now be configured to send E-Mail blasts to your tenants to send Invoices, Late Notices, Reports and Letters.
- Move-In Wizard: SWAMP now sports a move-in wizard to easily and quickly step you through the whole move in process.
- Register Aids: The payments tab on the Tenants form has two new buttons to aid with specific tasks: Take a Payment makes it easier and quicker to post a payment that pays for more than one item and Returned Check handles the process of dealing with a returned check.
- Customize Register: SWAMP now allows you to customize the tenant payment register. You have two different views to choose from, you can select what is to be displayed, and you can sort it by up to three columns.
- User-defined Unit Attributes: Previously SWAMP had four built-in unit attributes: Tall, Heat, Inside and Electricity. Now you can define your own unit attributes, up to five of them.
- Inventory: SWAMP now provides the means for you define inventory items and track their cost, income and current quantity on hand.
- Special Charges: SWAMP can now automatically handle special charges, such as Security, Administration and Cleaning deposits at both the facility and unit level.
- Attachments: Attach photos, scanned documents, and other files to any tenant record.
- Other Recurring Charges: SWAMP now has the ability to generate other recurring charges besides rentals. This feature could be used to handle other monthly charges such as renters insurance premiums.
- WSSA Lease: SWAMP now supports the Wisconsin Self Storage Tenancy Agreement by printing an Exhibit A using data entered in SWAMP.
- Marketing: You can now use SWAMP to track your marketing efforts.
- Units Walk List: It is useful when walking the facility to check on unit status to have a list that is sorted in a particular order, namely the order in which you pass the units. SWAMP now allows you to create just such a list.
- Reminders: SWAMP now has the ability to schedule reminders. With these reminders,
all actions in SWAMP can now be scheduled to run automatically when ever
you want them to run. These reminders can be a one time occurrence or recurring
on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. A reminder can be a simple
message or it can have an action, such as backup data, generate rents,
print late notices, etc., associated with it. A reminder can be triggered
on either the start up of the program or upon exit.
- Move Out Wizard: SWAMP now provides a wizard to that will automatically
handle the steps to correctly move a tenant out of a unit.
- Transfer Unit Wizard: SWAMP now provides a wizard for transferring
a tenant out of one unit and into another.
- External Lease: SWAMP can now use leases written by other applications,
such as Microsoft Word or some other word processor. SWAMP, when
the Lease button
is clicked on the Tenant form, will export the tenant and rental
data to a specified mail merge file and then open the specified lease
the specified application.
- Internal Lease: SWAMP now provides a means whereby the user can define
a custom lease within SWAMP. The Internal Lease function provides
editing capabilities, where in five fields (two headers, a body,
and two footers) the user can enter text, use merge data fields and
attributes. This lease will act as a template for each tenant, whose
specific data will be merged into the specified fields when the lease
button is clicked
on the tenant form.
- Compose Letters: Using the same functionality as the Internal Lease,
SWAMP now provides a general purpose letter composer. This allows
the user to define
any number of custom letters that have key values embedded in the
- New Tenant Button: A New Tenant button has been added to the main
menu of SWAMP to make moving a new tenant into the database easier
- Payment Info Automation: SWAMP maintains a table that keeps track
of certain data for each rental. This information includes the last
billing date, the
last due date, the last paid to date, the last date paid, the balance
due, etc. In the past this table could get out of date and the user
to click the Regenerate Payment Info button to update it. Now, any
time SWAMP needs to use the data in this table, it will automatically
table. The user should not need to do this any more.
- Increase Screen Size: All forms have been expanded to 4 3/4 " x 8".
Users will need to have a minimum screen resolution of 800 x 600
to view the new forms.
- Global Electronics Gates: SWAMP now supports the new interface used
by Global Electronics gate systems.
- Customize Late Fees: Previously, SWAMP had one method of generating
late fees that was invoked by the Late Payments function and
four other methods
that were on the Custom Late Fees form. These have all been integrated
into a single function called Customize Late Fees.
- Default Amounts: Now categories can be defined with default amount
values. When entering these categories on the Tenant Payment
form, the First Rents
form, the Select Billings form, or the Expenses form, the default
amount will be automatically entered. Also, if the category
is taxable, the tax
will be automatically generated and entered in to the list.
- Archive Database: SWAMP will make a copy of your current database.
It will then delete all payments for all rentals prior to
the specified archive date
(provided that they balance), then it will delete all rentals
that have a move out date prior to the archive date and that
to them, then finally it will delete all tenants that have
no rentals linked to them.
- Use Date for Backup File Title: This new option on the Custom
Information form, when checked, will use the current date
as the file title
of the backup file when backing up the SWAMP data. The
file title will
be in the form of
yyyymmdd.mdb, for example 20061231.mdb. The directory will
be determined by the name in the Backup File field.
- DoorKing Gate Interface: SWAMP will now interface with
DoorKing (DKS) entry gates.
- Select Notices: A new function, "Select Notices", has been
added to the Activities form. This function allows the user to select and
sort late notices that have been created (using the "Late Notices" function)
for tenants who are late in paying rents.
- Mark Credit Card Payments as Paid: When using the Charge It function
on the Tenant Payments form, if the amount charged matches the total
for the tenant, then each unpaid entry will be marked Paid, Deposited
and the Num field will have the value 'CC' followed by the PC Charge
- Print Credit Card Receipts: SWAMP now allows the user to define the
number of credit card receipts to be printed from transactions passed
to PC Charge.
- Swipe Credit Card Information for Rental: When setting up a rental
for automatic credit card billing, SWAMP users can now swipe the
card and have the information
read in directly from the credit card.
- Do Not Prorate First Payment: For those users that have all payments
due on the same day, comes an additional option of "Do Not Prorate First
Payment". Normally, when the option "Start all Rentals on the Same
Day" is selected, the first rent will be prorated from the move-in date
to the selected day. Now, you may exempt the first payment from this prorating
by selecting "Do Not Prorate First Payment".
- Deposit Summary Reports: Two new Deposit Summary reports have been
added to the Activities form, Deposit Summary - Category and Deposit
Tenant. These reports provide summary reports that are subtotaled
by Categories and Tenants respectively.
- Automatically Set Receipt When Paid: The rents form opened by clicking
the "Payments" button
on the Tenant form has been enhanced so that marking a payment 'P'aid
will also now automatically set the 'R'eceipt check box.
- Credit Card Payments: Quayle Computer Concepts has partnered
with Payment Processing, Inc to provide merchant accounts, software and
credit card billing and on-site credit purchases through SWAMP.
- Set Popup Forms: The feature allows users to maximize the
forms in SWAMP but still have the popup forms remain small
- Add Frog to Home Menu: This may not mean much to the user,
but it marks the transition of SWAMP from the personal origin as a program
for a theatre
owner to the universal program it has became – with our frog
logo greeting the user each day.
- Unit Status: Several enhancements have been made to the Unit
form and reports.
- A status box on the unit form allows user to designate this
unit as ‘Active’, ‘Out
of Service’, ‘Facility Use’ or ‘Defunct’.
- A box on the form will record the date a unit was removed
from Active status and the date it was returned to Active status.
- Another box on the unit form will record the history of changes
in unit price. Whenever the rate on the unit is changed, the rate
date and previous
will be entered in this box and today’s date entered as the
new rate date.
- A comment or notes box has also been added to the form.
- A new function has been added via the icons at the bottom
of the form. This button duplicates the unit information and places “NEWUNIT” in
the unit number field. The user then changes that to the correct
number for the new unit.
- The ‘Unit Status’ report expands the “Status” options
to include the four listed above and: ‘Available’, ‘Delinquent’, ‘Locked’,
- Skip Used Labels: The label functions on the Print Bills and
Custom Mail Merge forms now ask for the number of labels to skip before
selected labels. This allows the user to make use of all labels on
a sheet without having to waste any.
- Enhanced Categories: You will now be able to designate a category
as one of four kinds: Normal, Recurring, Refundable or Fee. You may also
any category as taxable.
- Sell Facility Function: This function will determine, based
on amounts collected and owed, how much is due the seller and how much
buyer as of the
specified date of the sale.
- Gate Interface Now Uses Lockout Status: More user control has been built
into the gate interface. Instead of locking out any tenant who is late,
it will lock out those who are indicated by the user as locked out. A
grace period is provided and a “No Lockout” choice added to
the Rental More form.
- Backup File Location: A new field added to the Custom Information Form
lets you name the default backup location to be used when you perform
function of the Administration Form.
Invoice Types: You may now print invoices to fit window envelopes and
also the postcards sold by the US Post Office.
- Handle Blue Moon TMSA Lease: TMSA members now have available a software
program that prints the official lease. SWAMP interfaces with that
- Restore Data: A function added to the Administration form. A file finder
is presented that allows the user to locate the data to be restored.
As it is restored the current data file is renamed, but up to three
- Custom Fee Generation: Much greater flexibility has been built into
SWAMP as to how late fees are assessed.
- Categories: The Categories form is now available from the Administration
- Interface with Sentinel Gates: A further expansion of the gate
- Late Notices: The user may now customize any number of late notices,
created by number of days late. These may include Late
Fee, Locked Out, Lien Notice,
Sale or similar items. This will be printed directly from SWAMP.
- Tax Exempt & Don’t Mail: Two new check boxes have been added to
the Additional Rental Information form. If Tax Exempt is checked, no sales
tax will be generated for this unit. If Don’t Mail is checked then
rents and sales taxes are marked mailed and no invoice prints.
- Payment Checklist and Payments This Year Reports: These two reports
show current rentals and payments made for each unit in two different formats.
- Split Partial Payments: When the amount paid for rentals does not match
the amount billed, SWAMP will make appropriate adjustments to billed
amounts and to dates Paid To that will match the actual payments.
- Tax and Rents Reports: For those facilities that must charge sales tax,
this report will display rents paid and sales tax collected on
those rents for
the specified time period.
- Full Billing Statement: You may select as your invoice option to print
a full statement of account for the tenant.
- Additional Gate Interfaces Supported: The gate interface facility was
expanded to include PTI and Demco gate systems.
- Backup Any Database Name: Previously, if the attached database were
called something other than Swampdat.mdb, the Backup function would fail
error message. Now, the Backup function will work regardless of the database
- Select Moved-out and Moved-in Tenants: On the Custom Mail Merge menu,
you may now select tenant who have either recently moved in or moved out
export that information to a data file for use in form letters.
- Special Rates Report: A new report lists every tenant who is being charged
a rate which is different from the rate list for that unit on the “Units” form.
- Generate Rents for a Single Tenant: On the Generate Rents and the Late
Payments forms, a tenant select list has been added that allows the user
rents or late fees for a single tenant instead of all tenants.
Bank Deposit List Report: A new report that groups the payments made
by Tenant as one sum rather than as rent, late fee, deposit, etc. This
report is printed
when depositing payments.
- Data Integrity: Several protections have been incorporated throughout
SWAMP to help prevent the user from deleting information tied to other
to change a unit or paid status accidentally, or otherwise cause data error.
- Waiting List: A function added to the main menu that allows the user
to keep track of people waiting for a unit.
- Unmatched Payments: An “unmatched” category has been added to
the selection criteria of the “Payments” forms to display all
payments where the amount billed does not equal the “$Paid.”
- Event Summary: This new report shows all activity at the facility between
dates selected. The events listed are Moved In, Moved Out, Locked Out,
- Gate Interface for Digitech Gates: SWAMP takes a major step into the control
of access to a facility which uses gates with tenant codes. This allows
a tenant to be locked out of the facility if the tenant is late in
- Unit Descriptions: To accommodate users of SWAMP who rent apartments,
store bulk goods, or other uses, there has been added a “Description” and “Display” feature
that allows them to describe what they are renting other than by the
- Taxable Rent: Since rents are taxable in some states, SWAMP has added this
option. Once specified, the appropriate tax will be generated each time
rents are generated.
- Check Numbers: A field has been added to the payment record to allow
the user to enter a check number or other payment identification, such
as ‘cash’ or ‘credit
- Generate Late Payments: Users were given control over how and when they
wished to generate late fees for their tenants, either with generating
separately. A user specified “grace period” was added.
- Late Tenants Report and Form: A new form lists all late tenants by the
number of days late, unit number and amount due. This may be printed
as a report.
- Support for TMSA Lease: A report titled “Exhibit A” can
now be produced to be used in conjunction with the Texas Mini Storage Association
lease. The report is attached to the first page of the lease.
- All Rents Start on the Same Day: SWAMP now accommodates starting all
rents on the same day. This may be any day of the month. The “First” button
will prorate the first payment from current date to due date.
- Update Rates: Now, all rates for units of the same size can be adjusted
at one time. It is also possible to update the rates of tenants at
- Rate Dates: A date at which rates are updated may now be entered for
each tenant, so that the new unit rates will be updated automatically for
a tenant after a specified length of guaranteed time.
- Errors While Generating Payments: Messages will now alert the user as
to possible problems the program is encountering while generating rents.
Validation Report” will find these.
- Resize to Proper Size: SWAMP detects the screen resolution on the user’s
computer, then sizes and centers itself accordingly.